none
Performance Question RRS feed

• Question

• I will have up to 200 tablet pc's running this windows form application.  They are running the application with a private deploy of SQLCE 3.5.  What I want them to do or what they will be doing is running a sync when they have an internet connection.  This sync will sync with a master sql 2005 database or Azure Cloud DB.  Is there any performance issues I could be up against with this volume (outside of internet connection) ?  Is this something that Sync framework should have no problem dealing with?
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:25 PM

Answers

• the performance will largely depend on the amount of changes that needs to be synchronized. less frequent changes, less frequent syncs. frequent changes, frequent syncs. the more frequent you sync, the smaller changeset, the less likelihood of a conflict as well.

with SQL Azure, you have to consider throttling.

if you have large volume of changes, you may want to look at batching and setting the ApplicationTransactionSize/MemoryDataCacheSize.

pay attention to your scopes as well. not all tables need to be dump in one scope. you dont want to be querying less frequent updated tables everytime you sync when you know there are no changes to them.

so group less frequent updated tables in their own scope, so you can sync them in a different schedule (e.g., lookup tables vs transaction tables).

• Marked as answer by wreed Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:11 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:43 AM