none
Can not create a folder pair with %username% RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to setup a folder pair to include %username% ?  We are currently using Synctoy to backup user files for Lotus Notes on each users laptop. The folder pair point to a location on the local hard drive and on the network under My Documents (Winxp).  Our users also work remotely via Citrix.  I need to setup Synctoy on my Citrix server to bring the network files down to the local citrix session when a user logs on; however, I can not setup the folder pair to include %username% because Synctoy states the location does not exist.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi

I tried for many times, and could not repro this issue. Could you please give me some details about this scenario?

Thanks,

Danish

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:59 AM
  • I am logged into my Citrix server as administrator.  I launch synctoy and attempt to create the following syncpair:  Left folder:  c\program files\ibm\lotus\notes   Right folder: (server name)\%username%\notesbackup.  I receive an error message the location does not exist.  thanks
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:10 PM
  • Hi,

SyncToy does not support %parameter% in UI, but it could works well with command line way.

I have tried with following command, it worked. You can try to figure out your problem on this way.

C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1>SyncToy.exe -d(left=d:\test\lf,right=c:\Users\%username%\rf,name=dynamicParam,operation=echo)

Thanks,

Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:42 AM
  • Yes, for %username% is a cmd parameter, so to use SyncToy in cmd can solve this problem.

By the way, if you use SyncToy UI with this %username%, how can you set the value of this parameter?

Thanks,

Danish

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:08 AM