The Office Communications Server Front-End service terminated with service-specific error 3286774272 (0xC3E83200). RRS feed

• Question

• I am running OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Consolidated topology. only IM and presence are enabled, currently only one server in pool and no load balancer yet

when i reboot the server, all services start sucessfuly, except The Office Communications Server Front-End service it gives following error

Event id 7024 ,

The Office Communications Server Front-End service terminated with service-specific error 3286774272 (0xC3E83200).

when I start the service manually after reboot it start OK

So I found bunch of threads on the forum and everything check out, certificate is ok, ocs pool FQDN is not listed anyehere in pool or global forest properties,
    after service starts, communicator client can connect and everything start working as it suppose to be,

What else I can check?

Friday, May 8, 2009 12:53 PM

All replies

• There may be nothing wrong - we had a similar issue with a service not starting.  The problem was that the service was dependent on another service that hadn't completed starting.  What we did was set the recovery option on the service to retry.  We haven't had a problem since.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 4:05 PM
  • yes i tried that , all dependent services start ok, I setup FE service to keep retrying and still no dice
    Friday, May 8, 2009 6:49 PM
  • Make sure your default web site on your front end server is configured SSL and a valid cert. 

Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:56 PM