none
Problems when using SoraSDK1.6

General discussion

• Hi, I update my SoraSDK to v1.6 but meet two problems.

First, I find that the new version doesn't work when using 802.11a protocol. When communicating between two Sora station, the receiver will output the error code indicating that synchronization is failed or even cannot detect the coming frames. I have tried to change txgain, rxpa and rxgain but still cann't solve this problem.

Second, I find the new version with 802.11a no longer does AGC at the receiver but all older version do so. Why do you give up doing AGC in v1.6?

Waiting for answer!Thanks.

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:30 AM

All replies

• Hi

> First, I find that the new version doesn't work when using 802.11a protocol. When communicating between two Sora station, the receiver will output the error code indicating that

> synchronization is failed or even cannot detect the coming frames. I have tried to change txgain, rxpa and rxgain but still cann't solve this problem.

Can you check your hardware setting? For example, the hardware sampling rate is matching.

If you are using umxsdr, you should configure your Sora node to AD HOC mode to enable sora to sora communication (press 'p' in the console window). The default is CLIENT MODE that allows to connect an AP with open mode and no security setting.

Please read more on client/ad hoc model of 802.11.

> Second, I find the new version with 802.11a no longer does AGC at the receiver but all older version do so. Why do you give up doing AGC in v1.6?

We improved the baseband. So original digital AGC is no long needed and removed.

In contrast, Sora v1.6 adds a (true) AGC in, though still for demonstration purpose. The AGC logic can be found in the umxsdr source code.

Friday, April 27, 2012 9:11 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, Kun Tan, thank you for your answer. But I have some other puzzles.

1. I'm using kmxsdr and have checked my hardware setting, but still meet the problem as above. My test result is that, I set one Sora station as transmitter and the other as receiver, there are many docoding errors; while I set the original transmitter as receiver, synchronization is failed. But I can communicate successfully between two Sora station using SoraSDK1.5 or SoraSDK1.1.

2. You mentioned that you improved the baseband in v1.6. Can you point out the improvement in detail? I find the FIFO check and pop operation are more accurate in Sora v1.6, but I think it may not improve too much.

3. You mentioned Sora v.16 adds a true AGC in umxsdr source code. Can you tell me which functions do AGC?

Thank you!

Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:20 AM