LDAP errors RRS feed

• Question

•  

ok so ive been having this huge problem with installl OCS2007 on the child domain because I cannot do a domain prep on the child domain.

that being said I had to install System Center Operations Manager 2007, after installing it i have recieved TONS of LDAP search errors.

I'm thinking this may have something to do with it.

I logged on to the machines and there are not any real errors on the event log however OPSMGR is giving the following errors. (Note its a 2008 domain in 2003 compatibility mode)

hi, did you have any ideas? thanks advance.

Alert: LDAP Search Time - sustained for 5 minutes - Red(>100msec).
    Source: mail
    Path: mail.microsoft.com
    Last modified by: System
    Last modified time: 5/1/2008 4:22:53 PM
    Alert description: MSExchange ADAccess Domain Controllers
              :
                LDAP Search Time
              :
                dc.microsoft.com
               value = 

that being said i found a technet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb218826(EXCHG.80).aspx however that did not help me with my issue.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:19 PM

All replies

• Have you prepared your Forest?

Are you installing OCS on a server in a remote site with very slow links to Domain Controllers?

Can you provide the error message that you get when prepping the domain?

Friday, July 18, 2008 5:11 PM
  • I can run a domain prep on the root domain fine. It fails when I run it on the child domain. (failure of cannot access specified domain)

The server is logged in on the child domain. the account has full access. there is a trust between the domains.

forest prep went through fine.

not a remote site.

i even tired to run the domain prep from the child domain itself and it did not work.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Can you run this command on a server in the child domain

LCSCmd.exe /Domain[:child.domain.com] /ActionBig SmileomainPrep

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:38 AM
  • When prepping a child domain - it needs to be able to reach a GC in the Root domain if it was installed into the System Container vs. the Configuration Container.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:50 PM
  • I believe I posted in one of your other threads, and seeing the problem you are having with now another product deployment just underscored what I said.  You have some serious, foundational configuration issue with your forest, and I'd suggest starting with your DNS configuration.  Run through that with a fine-tooth comb and look for anything out of the ordinary.  Then move on to FSMO roles, AD replication, TCPIP configuration on your servers, Global Catalog positioning, site configuration, etc.

All it takes is one wacky setting somewhere and you can be scratching your head for quite some time.  Worst-case you may want to contact Microsoft about performing an AD Health Check against your network if you still can't locate the root cause.

You SHOULD be able to prep the child domain without issue.

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:05 PM