Unauthorized Page Access and This course is no longer available in any offers. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

AFter studying for a while, I get this message. Have to start all over Very annoying. Why do I get this message in the middle of a study session?

Then a similar problem. 

My Learning
    This course is no longer available in any offers.

Wny does this pop up from time to time? The expiry date is end July.

Yours truly      
    RealPommy
    • Edited by RealPommy Monday, May 5, 2008 11:38 AM Additional problems as a beginner
    Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Alicia,

The problem is not solved. I do as The VikingMan says.  Close and start all over. So no, it's not solved, I just learned to live with it.

Keep well,

RealPommy
    Monday, June 2, 2008 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Not sure about the unauthorized page access, but "this course is no longer available in any offers" does appear if your session has expired.

When you signin with your Passport account to the elearning site, you have about 3 hours before you will get a "session expired. please sign in again" message when you try and access the next section in your course. Typically I get the "this course is no longer available in any offers" after the "session expired" message.

Signing in again should allow you to resume your course / workshop where you left off. You shouldn't need to start again.

If your ptoblem is not related to your session timing out, you'll need to supply details about the course you were studying and the resource you are trying to access when you get the error, then someone that knows what's really going on will be able to help.

br,
    Gavin
    Monday, May 5, 2008 1:09 PM
  • RealPommy said:

Hi

AFter studying for a while, I get this message. Have to start all over Very annoying. Why do I get this message in the middle of a study session?

Then a similar problem. 

My Learning

This course is no longer available in any offers.

Wny does this pop up from time to time? The expiry date is end July.

Yours truly      
    RealPommy

Hi There-

Are you still having issues accessing your courses?  If so, let me know what they are and I'd be happy to assist.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Friday, May 16, 2008 8:37 AM
  • I get the same with other courses.  So far the only answer is to close down the browser, fire it up again and log in again and start the course from where you left off.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Hello-

This is the first i hav eheard of this issue occurring with active courses.  What I can do is research this with the team that hosts the actual course content to see if this has been reported.

Let me do that investigation and I will get back to you.

Thanks!
    Alicia

Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, May 30, 2008 8:59 AM
  • Thanks,

After I posted the the message, I figured it out as well.

RealPommy
    Friday, May 30, 2008 2:53 PM
  • RealPommy said:

Thanks,

After I posted the the message, I figured it out as well.

RealPommy

Hi RealPommy-

So just to confirm, is your issue fully resolved or do you require additional assistance?  What was your resolution if it was resolved?

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Monday, June 2, 2008 7:55 AM
  • Hi Alicia,

The problem is not solved. I do as The VikingMan says.  Close and start all over. So no, it's not solved, I just learned to live with it.

Keep well,

RealPommy
    Monday, June 2, 2008 2:08 PM
  • Hi Again

I've worked through the five modules of 5934 a couple of times and am pleased with the learning experience. The learning part is just great, and it's just a few annoying things on the computer side. In the end, I decided to run the modules off line to prevent any unnecessary stops.

1. If you do as Alica says, delete everthing in IE, most things works.
    2. Changing the character size in IE does not work for E-learning, neither for on- nor off-line studies.
      1. It completely locks everything up trying to see a transtript. Only thing that works is to kill the program.
      2. Self-tests are in such a rigid format that you don't see all the alternatives with larger characters.

One thing I miss, is all the self-tests at the end of the module for a final test. I personally make my own using Trandumper, a fantastic tool I've used since 1999 when I started getting my certifications. Highly recommended.

At an old computer teacher more than 65 years old, I really enjoyed the learning experience. And I'll continue to use E-learning as a supporting aid for my MCSA 2008 I plan to take before next Summer.

Regards,

RealPommy
    Monday, July 21, 2008 2:58 PM
  • RealPommy said:

Hi Again

I've worked through the five modules of 5934 a couple of times and am pleased with the learning experience. The learning part is just great, and it's just a few annoying things on the computer side. In the end, I decided to run the modules off line to prevent any unnecessary stops.

1. If you do as Alica says, delete everthing in IE, most things works.
    2. Changing the character size in IE does not work for E-learning, neither for on- nor off-line studies.
      1. It completely locks everything up trying to see a transtript. Only thing that works is to kill the program.
      2. Self-tests are in such a rigid format that you don't see all the alternatives with larger characters.

One thing I miss, is all the self-tests at the end of the module for a final test. I personally make my own using Trandumper, a fantastic tool I've used since 1999 when I started getting my certifications. Highly recommended.

At an old computer teacher more than 65 years old, I really enjoyed the learning experience. And I'll continue to use E-learning as a supporting aid for my MCSA 2008 I plan to take before next Summer.

Regards,

RealPommy

Thanks for this comment.  It's great feedback for the product team and I'll certainly pass it along.

Alicia
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 8:10 AM