WHS Backup issue RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to run a backup of my desktop machine I am getting an error found in the WHS event log LO Service Error 308. Anyone have any ideas?
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:57 PM

Answers

• My question now is can I add this file to the Restore cd and access it from there?
    No. You have to use a flash drive (or a floppy drive).
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Friday, April 10, 2009 4:46 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 4:35 PM
  • Yes, it's common. The Restore CD includes drivers for some, but not all, storage and network controllers. Flash drives are, fortunately, pretty cheap. :)
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Friday, April 10, 2009 6:18 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 5:36 PM

All replies

• Could you please copy and paste the error from your event log to a message here?
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 9:35 PM
  • When I try to run a backup of my desktop machine I am getting an error found in the WHS event log LO Service Error 308. Anyone have any ideas?

Please right click on the error and select properties to get more information.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 9:47 PM
  • OK so the backups are running now. However, yesterday I decided to test a restore from backup. I placed a new drive in the computer same size SATA only difference in the drives was that one is a raptor drive (10,000 rmps and the other was a common drive 7,200 rpms) and the restore disc boots and go thru the set up but when it gets to the point of selecting what source and destination I get a message that says there is no driver for the device and to use Disk Manager. Whne I go to DM i dont see the hard drive at all. any ideas?
    Ok I have found in the help menu that I need to copy the drivers folder from the backup to a jump drive and install them from there. My question now is can I add this file to the Restore cd and access it from there?
    Friday, April 10, 2009 3:11 PM
  • I found that the LO Service Error was related to the Lights Out add-in that I have installed.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 4:00 PM
  • My question now is can I add this file to the Restore cd and access it from there?
    No. You have to use a flash drive (or a floppy drive).
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Friday, April 10, 2009 4:46 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 4:35 PM
  • Ok thanks. I gave my flash drive to my daughter for school so I was hoping there would be a way to do this with out having to go buy another one. I will test this this evening and see how things work. I take it that it is common place to have to load these drivers when doing a restore form backup?
    Friday, April 10, 2009 4:47 PM
  • Yes, it's common. The Restore CD includes drivers for some, but not all, storage and network controllers. Flash drives are, fortunately, pretty cheap. :)
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Friday, April 10, 2009 6:18 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 5:36 PM