Unable to expand Distribution List RRS feed

• Question

•  

Everything working perfectly except for Distribution List expansion. RTC Local Group has full control on folder. Only error in deployment log shown below:

Check Http URL   URL: https://devpool01.dev.xxx.com/GroupExpansion/service.asmx
    Internal Error: ReceiveFailure
      Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

Any assistance greatly appreciated. Can't wait til RTM.

Friday, July 27, 2007 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi mrdesk,

Can you update this thread? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:50 PM
  • getting similar problem

Check Http URL   URL: https://IM07.akorri.local/GroupExpansion/Int/service.asmx
    Internal Error: SendFailure
    Suggested Resolution: Please set a valid certificate for IIS default web site. Additionally, ensure that certificate subject name is the same as web farm FQDN.
      Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

I have issued new cert to the directory trying every possible combo of subject name. This is just a std edition with internal cert authoraty.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:02 PM
  • I also have the same problem. When trying to expend the DL, but I see this error in Communicator:

Cannot perform this action, and the cause is unknown. Contact your system administrator to investigate this problem.

I've checked the folder permissions and it should be correct.

No more information from web component validation log.

Any more ideas?

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:30 AM
  • Is this failing on an internal or external client? (or both?)

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 11:36 PM
  •  Jeff Schertz wrote:

Is this failing on an internal or external client? (or both?)

We only have internal clients.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:01 AM
  • Guys, any luck...Im having the same issue on a new install of ocs.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:00 PM
  • I've had this issue a couple time but for different reasons.  The most simple thing to try if there are no errors on the server is to go to the local box running communicator and go to c:\docs and settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\communicator\ and delete the galcontacts.db then go into the sip_user@domain.com and delete everything in there.  Make sure communicator is closed.  After that try logging in again and see if that fixes it.

If not go to the server and open the OCS console.  Expand standard Edition Servers and right click the server.  Go to properties then web component properties.  Click on group expansion and see if the check box is enabled.  If it is, highlight and copy the internal URL and paste it into a web browser.  Click on expanddistribution lists.  Type the email address of a mail enabled distro and click invoke.  If group expansion is truly working, then it should return some output on your screen with members and email addresses.

If you are still having issues, check simple things like service accounts for the Application pool LSGroupExpAppPool in IIS.  The default install of OCS creates an account called RTCComponentService.  Make sure that account is in the identity tab of the pool and with the correct password.  Anyway, hope this helps.

Friday, June 27, 2008 4:55 PM