Bug in Windows 7 / x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed LCDS on a Windows 7 / x64 platform. When i start LCDS, create a new course and want to save it i got the following error message:

Line: 322
    Error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Learning\LCDS'.

Background information:

Our Windows 7 installation were unattended setup. The Path %PROGRAMDATA% has been changed into [C:\DATA\MS\PROGDATA]. It seems that Microsoft implemeted that variable hardcoded in the LCDS software. Has anyone got a solution or a hotfix for that problem? Is there any registery setting to fix that path problem?

Friday, April 30, 2010 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please install the latest version of LCDS here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/training/lcds.aspx#tab1.

If you previously used a community version of the LCDS, you need to follow these steps to get your courses into LCDS 2.4. You can have a community version of the LCDS and have LCDS 2.4 on the same computer. You also can uninstall your community version if you plan to use LCDS 2.4 instead.

If you use Windows 7, copy the contents of this directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Learning\LCDSc\courses into this directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Learning\LCDS\courses.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Monday, May 3, 2010 9:22 PM