Reinstall Streets & Trips 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have run my MS Streets & Trips 2005 on Windows 7.  I recently needed reinstall MS Streets & Trips on the same computer and OS, but it has asked me for the registration code.  The message says that my "trial period has ended" and now I must enter the code.  However, I can find no registration code on the CDs or on the original CD container nor the contents within the inside of the container.  I called MS technical support and gave him some codes off my CDs (but obviously not the registration code), but he finally said that MS doesn't have any help for copies of Streets and Trips as old as mine.  Do you know of anyway I can recover and reuse my Streets and Trips 2005?  Where would I find the registration code?  I am sure that MS must have a record of my registration of the product, but the tech support said they didn't have records for 2005 registrations (evidently).  Can you help?  Thanks.
    Friday, August 23, 2013 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Jimmy,

You are correct, version 2005 did not have a registration code. The software registration, if I remember correctly, was introduced in version 2008 (v2007 was the last one not requiring users to register the product).

Perhaps you've installed a newer version of S&T on the laptop in the past, and now the old installation is interfering with your attempting to reinstall ST2005.

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/

Friday, August 23, 2013 3:28 PM
  • Thank you...good advice.  I realized after reading your note that I may have a newer version of S & T installed on my computer.  I can't check that because it won't open for me to find that out until I register.  But suppose that's the problem, suppose it's a 2009 version (I have been buying them off and on for years).  What would I do about that?  Since it's asking for a registration code it probably isn't the 2005 version.  Any suggestions?...and thanks!
    Friday, August 23, 2013 4:19 PM
  • Problem fixed...purchased a new edition on-line.  thanks for trying.
    Friday, August 23, 2013 6:13 PM