Buy a license key for WHS V1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Idecided to discontinue the use of whs 2011 because of so much problems.

I have a valid licensed oem kit vor WHS V1. Can I buy somewhere a second oem kit for WHS V1 or at least buy a license to install a second time ??

thnaks and br

EAR

Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:29 PM

All replies

• As far as I am aware, WHS1 is no longer available - certainly not from Microsoft. Why do you need a second copy?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:09 PM
  • You can check sites such as Amazon or NewEgg, but I think you'll find that Windows Home Server 2011 has been in the market long enough that there's no V1 product left in the channels.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:28 PM
  • If you will be installing on substantially the same hardware again (motherboard, NIC, etc.), then you do not need a second license.  In fact you will more than likely find it will activate with no difficulties.  If it won't activate over the Internet, then use telephone activation and explain the circumstances.  Microsoft has (in the past) been very cooperative with activating WHS v1.

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Hi

Idecided to discontinue the use of whs 2011 because of so much problems.

I have a valid licensed oem kit vor WHS V1. Can I buy somewhere a second oem kit for WHS V1 or at least buy a license to install a second time ??

thnaks and br

EAR

BullDawg
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:48 AM
  • I install on a quite different Hardware and just want to obtain a license key for this software. Is this at all possible ??

We found the WHS2011 NOT manageable for consumers !

br

EAR

Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Two available on US eBay!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:55 PM
  • No, license keys for system builders are only available with the purchase of the software for installation.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:58 PM