Changing Default Views to "Active Contacts" (Web Interface) RRS feed

• Question

• I wish to change the default view for accounts and contacts in the web interface for CRM 4.0.

As I understand it, if I go to Customization -> Custom Entities -> Contact, then select the Forms and Viewws detail, highlight Active Contacts, select More Actions -> Set Default, it should work.  I do this and I do indeed see "Active Contacts" listed as Default Public View with a gold start next to it.  Everything looks correct!

(As an aside, I have searched and found that some people ran into an issue where they would then see two things listed as the default.  This is NOT my problem.  My Active Contacts is NO LONGER listed as a default.)

However, when ever I go to contacts using any method (for example, Workplace -> Contacts) the view that shows up is still "My Active Contacts".

Any thoughts?  Am I missing a step?  Is something not working right on my deployment?  Thanks!

(also, let me know if this should be posted under deployment)

Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:40 PM

Answers

• Did you publish the changes to the Contact entity?  If not, publish and see if that corrects the issue.  You may also need to clear your IE cache.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Matt Puskala Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:45 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:30 PM

All replies

• Did you publish the changes to the Contact entity?  If not, publish and see if that corrects the issue.  You may also need to clear your IE cache.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Matt Puskala Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:45 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:30 PM
  • Thank you!  I did not realize I had to publish.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:46 PM
  • You're welcome Matt, have a good day.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:11 PM