CRM 2013 SQL AlwaysOn Availability and Workflows RRS feed

• Question

• I have our CRM Database part of a SQL 2012 Always-on Availability group so when one database goes does the front end CRM points to the other one.  To do this I had to configure Symmetric keys and follow Microsoft's guide.  That all appears to be working but when I try to run a workflow and I am using the Failed over SQL server I get a super generic SQL error, that really just says generic error. 

I am assuming there is additional configuration that needs to be done to get workflows to work when failed over to the other database I am just coming up short on how.  

Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

We have followed the steps outlined in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj822357.aspx and was able to setup CRM 2013 On HA. We had to add Asymmetric keys to the database as per the link above.

It is working fine for us. There is no special steps required to get workflows to work.

The places to make changes were on the registry of the App Server, and on the MSCRM_Config database to point to the HA Group.

Regards,

Jithesh

Friday, August 8, 2014 6:40 AM