Restoring files via OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• My computer had severe problems and when I took it to the Lenovo/IBM service center, they had to re-reinstall XP, in the course of which my entire disk drive (inclusive of application programs) were deleted.  I am now trying to perform a full restore via OneCare (which I used before this bout of computer trauma) and am encountering the following problems/have the following questions:

1.  Why does OneCare not recognize my most recent backup?  It wants to recover a backup from January while I know that the most recent backup was in May.  [I could see it on my Passport external hard drive.]  Or does it pick the last full backup point (e.g. January) and then re-configures thereafter to the most current incremental backup point (May)?

2.  Will OneCare restore all of my application programs, e.g. MS Office?  Or do I need to do that manually?

3.  Will OneCare restore all of the settings in my application programs, e.g. authentication keys, Outlook mail account settings, etc.?  Or will I need to do that manually?

Thank you ...

Monday, May 26, 2008 8:47 AM

Answers