OCS 2007 R2 Group Chat - How do you delete a chat room? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I've installed OCS 2007 R2 and Group Chat and I'm trying to get to grips with the admin tool for Group Chat.

Mostly it seems pretty straight forward. But I am having trouble deleting a chat room. When I right click the option is just greyed out.

I am logged on to the group chat server using an account that is a member of RTCUniversalServerAdmins and the account is assigned "Chat Room Manager" status at the top level (root) of the GC Admin Tool.

Can anyone shed any light on what elese is required in order to delete chat rooms???

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Arron,

Did you manage to find a way to delete chat rooms? I face the same problem - whatever I do, I cannot delete any chat room... I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it is really frustrating to not being able to delete the test chat rooms.

Lubo.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:19 PM
  • Has anyone found the answer to this?
    It's the only thing stopping me going in to production.

Lars-Erik
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:50 AM
  • I too have the same problem...weird...

/both
    both
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Crazy I know, but according to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572288(office.13).aspx you CAN'T delete a chatroom (by design) - you can delete an empty category, but not a chatroom :-(

You can create a new category, say called 'DeletedChatrooms' which has a visibility of private, and all the options for invitations, histiry, uploads and room/category creation set to no, and disable each chat room you put in the category, but you can't delete the chatrooms themselves. Luckily you can change the room name, description and topic.

Not ideal but workable? I'm guessing this is a hangover from Parlano and in future versions when it gets more integrated, MSFT will fix this...

Cheers,

Tim
    Tim
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:51 AM