Exchange 2010 for email router CRM4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

We have a CRM 4.0 implementation on roll up 13 (not upgradeable due to high customization.) The current email router setting uses an exchange 2007 server, we wanted to upgrade to Exchange server 2010. According to Microsft KB 2023229 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2023229?wa=wsignin1.0

"Q4: What Microsoft Exchange Server versions are supported with E-mail Router?

A4: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 E-mail Router supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. However, you must install the latest Update Rollup version for Microsoft Dynamics Server and E-mail Router to support Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 with Update Rollup 2. "

Is it advisable to switch to exchange server 2010, although our current CRM system cannot be upgraded?

Any comments from the industry peers will be much appreciated.

Thank you All.

Monday, January 7, 2013 2:33 PM

All replies

• Exchange 2010 is supported on Update Rollup 8 and above so you should be good as long as you don't apply UR 2 to exchange. I know CRM 4.0 works with Exchange 2010 and UR1.

If you happen to have a test Exchange Server with 2010 and UR 2 you can always test it out without affecting your production server by creating new profiles for 2010 in the email router config tool.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadcrmsupport/archive/2010/06/14/exchange-2010-support-with-crm-4-0-email-router.aspx

Monday, January 7, 2013 2:55 PM
  • HI Chris,

Thank you for your reply. Not apply the RU for exchange is not possible as the customer is going to put it part of the WSUS. I think i will have to go with your second opinion of testing it out by moving a few users to exch 2010 and creating a new profile for them in email router. I guess i can use the same email router configuration tool to do so???

Thanks.

Monday, January 7, 2013 3:05 PM
  • You can use the same email router, you will just need to create a new Profile to connect to the new Exchange Server and then assign a few of the users the new profile.

Or you could just create e new test user on the Exchange 2010 server and then add it to CRM for testing. Then you wouldn't interfere with any of the users mailboxes.

The other option would be to either wait for someone from MS to reply or open a case with MS to see why the Latest UR for CRM is needed in order to use UR 2 for Exchange 2010.

Monday, January 7, 2013 3:46 PM