E-mail router RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Should be a simple question...

Must the e-mail router be installed in order to send email notifications in the processes (workflows)?

Many thanks.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:21 PM

Answers

• No, it doesn't The other option is to have the Users that the workflows runs against to have the CRM Outlook Plugin, and then give that plugin permission to send mail through the user's Outlook.  It will ask the user for that permission.

One caveat, if you have Queues or other non-User email addresses that are being sent from, the email router is the only option.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:00 PM

All replies

• No, it doesn't The other option is to have the Users that the workflows runs against to have the CRM Outlook Plugin, and then give that plugin permission to send mail through the user's Outlook.  It will ask the user for that permission.

One caveat, if you have Queues or other non-User email addresses that are being sent from, the email router is the only option.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:00 PM
  • No you don,t need email router to send the email as long you are not using queue to send an email. You can choose outlook client to send and receive emails. the option is present on user form.

I hope it helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:14 PM