none
Forum goes psycho in Opera RRS feed

• General discussion

• This forum does not work at all in Opera. When you try to answer/post anything and the dialogue pops up on the bottom of the screen, all the buttons and text is piled together an nothing works. I can provide crazy screen shots if desired.

morten
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:43 AM

All replies

• Morten,

Could you provide details on which version of Opera and which OS?

Thanks
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 4:15 PM
  • here's the dump:

Opera Version 9.26
    Build 8835
    Platform Win32
    System Windows XP
    Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.6

morten
    Monday, March 17, 2008 5:54 AM
  • Weird, 'll have to investigate some more. I'm posting this response from Opera 9.23 on Vista(32). Everything seems ok, I did have to click in the upper left of the Editor Text Box to be able to start entering text but layout looks ok.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Monday, March 17, 2008 4:34 PM
  • I can confirm experiences of both of you. First, I saw what Rob saw, and I pressed something on the keyboard and got buttons and text piled together. And right now text I am typing goes throgh the "Post Options" box :). As I continued, text no longer was being entered, but the top pane starting scrolling.

On the second try (when I am editing now), the edit box is small, and buttons and labels are still clumped together.

I am using 9.26 on Vista.
    • Edited by romh0 Monday, March 17, 2008 6:39 PM added Opera version
    Monday, March 17, 2008 6:32 PM
  • We'll take a look at this for a future release. The help file does not list operah as a supported browser.
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:26 PM
    Answerer
  • Brent Serbus said:

We'll take a look at this for a future release. The help file does not list operah as a supported browser.

It's "Opera", like the art form, not the talk show host. And it's a popular browser, especially on smaller devices so it really should be supported.

morten
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:06 AM
  • Brent Serbus said:

We'll take a look at this for a future release. The help file does not list operah as a supported browser.

I corresponded w/ one of the site managers and he said that y'all are testing the forums in Opera as you've been developing them?
    Expression Web l Standards Based Web Authoring
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:28 AM
  • I can also confirm the aforementioned experience, with Opera 9.25, WinXP 32.

I'd also suggest the editor font size is a bit bigger by default.
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:24 AM
  • I would suggest font size at least 1.5 times as big for everything here as I usually leave my binoculars in my car (to see street names far away). The footer on this page displays text in bigger font!
    • Edited by romh0 Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:33 AM added
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:32 AM
  • Anna,

While we fix significant Opera bugs as we find them, we prioritize support for IE and Firefox, which together are responsible for 96%+ of our traffic.

Jeff
    Jeff Day, Community Platform GPM
    Monday, March 31, 2008 10:27 PM
  • Testing latest on 9.52 opera 

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:33 PM
    Answerer