Windows One Care issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have had Windows One Care for about two years without problem till recently when my computer started to slow down and I noticed it was time for a renewal in the subscription. Unfortunately, when I was ready to renew it, it asked for the original Hotmail account I used to install it. Completely forgotten it, I was wondering if there was a way to change the original hotmail to the one I currently use to actively renew One Care. Since the program hasn't been properly functioning for some time now my computer has been lagging and not quite to speed as it use to be. Is my One Care a lost cause or is there another program I have to install or (hopefully not) purchase?

Sunday, September 6, 2009 4:21 AM

Answers

• You can see the Live ID associated with your subscription by opening One Care>Help>About Windows Live One Care. If One care is not functioning properly and your computer is not as fast as it used to be it is possible there is a conflicting program on your computer or undetected malware. I suggest contacting support to troubleshoot this issue. Support can also help recover your original Live ID and password if necessary. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 5:09 AM