WHS just started rebooting constantll RRS feed

• Question

• This morning around 4 a.m. my WHS started rebooted constantly. I pulled the plug and let it sit and rebooted several times. It is in a constant reboot loop. I have now access via Remote Desktop and the WHS icon stays grey. I do have Power Pack 3 beta installed. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Abe
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:04 PM

All replies

• Is it the evaluation version of WHS? It has a 120 day time bomb and will start rebooting when it is about to expire. If it's OEM WHS, then probably a reinstall is going to fix the problem. I have PP3 beta installed and have not seen those symptoms at all.

Cruise
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:15 PM
  • Full version have had it for more than a year with no problems.

Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:09 PM
  • Is it an OEM unit from HP or another manufacturer, or did you build it your self or have it built for you? If it's not an OEM unit, you can probably connect a keyboard, monitor, and mouse to it, then boot it and see what's going on.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:21 PM
  • I built it myself. I actually removed the video card last year since I was was using RDP. If this is hardware failure and I change my motherboard, processor, and memory will this be an issue? Or would I just do a server reinstall?
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:23 PM
  • Typically you would perform a server reinstallation if you need to replace your motherboard. Memory or processor, on the same motherboard, shouldn't be a problem.

I would suggest you put the video card back in and see what's up. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Thanks Ken. I will do this tomorrow evening.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 4:08 AM