none
How do I report someone falsely claiming MS certs? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I was having lunch with an ex co-worker of mine and we were talking about Certifications.  I said I was going for my MCITP server admin and wanted to ask him a few questions about it since he has that cert listed in his email sig.  He admitted to me that he doesn't have it.  He's only passed one of the certs for that and none of the others, and that was over a year ago.  I asked him why he has it listed then, and I guess his boss told him it's okay and not worry about it.  I used to work for this company and have a few more contacts there and started asking around, apparently this head of IT is also telling these guys to just go online and find the tests and memorize the questions to pass the certs so they can start selling more products and landing more clients.  I was floored when I heard this.  When I was there, with the old IT manager you would have been fired on the spot if they found out you cheated your way to a cert.  But my think now is, can I report them to MS.  They are currently a gold level MS partner, and from what I hear, after I left cheating their way to cert levels became the norm and some of the guys are just out right lying about what certs they have.  How would I go about letting MS know about this?
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi

I dont know whether I should reply this question or not but as this is a very common and known issue in many organizations. I would like to help if possible to Microsoft by reporting the same.

For Europe and Africa related reporting search your appropriate education service centre

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-europe-africa.aspx

For Asia pacific

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-asia-pacific.aspx

But before reporting be sure that your colleague or organization for whom you are reporting may loose its competency status or even the colleague may loose his certifications. Also you might need to produce certain proofs regarding the same issue you have posted above while reporting or after reporting if necessary. However its good to report such issues to Microsoft to help maintain its dignity in certification system. I appreciate the daring in you. I request the moderators to look at this question and the answer. If appropriate for this forum then only keep this question otherwise please delete the question thread.

Thanks Rehan Bharucha - The Tech Robot (MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCT, MCC)

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft has an email alias that you can use to report issues related to certication fraud, piracy, etc.

Please send an email to: tctips@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Mike Corkery, MCT

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi

I dont know whether I should reply this question or not but as this is a very common and known issue in many organizations. I would like to help if possible to Microsoft by reporting the same.

For Europe and Africa related reporting search your appropriate education service centre

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-europe-africa.aspx

For Asia pacific

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-asia-pacific.aspx

But before reporting be sure that your colleague or organization for whom you are reporting may loose its competency status or even the colleague may loose his certifications. Also you might need to produce certain proofs regarding the same issue you have posted above while reporting or after reporting if necessary. However its good to report such issues to Microsoft to help maintain its dignity in certification system. I appreciate the daring in you. I request the moderators to look at this question and the answer. If appropriate for this forum then only keep this question otherwise please delete the question thread.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Well thats the reason I'm asking.  If I had it in an email or something I'd be shooting it off to MS already.  But as of right now I guess it's only word of mouth.  From my experience with this manager and some of their techs I would certainly believe it's the case based on the past work we've had them do.  As far as I know there isn't a way for me to check to see if he has these certs, I'd have to know his MS ID number.
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

For security reasons Microsoft does not disclose the MCP ID to any third party except the owner as per their privacy statement so it would be a waste of time in knowing his MCP Id and reporting it.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft has an email alias that you can use to report issues related to certication fraud, piracy, etc.

Please send an email to: tctips@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Mike Corkery, MCT

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:59 PM