Cannot configure the organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to configure the CRM connector for outlook but keep getting this message 

"Cannot configure the organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" 

We also get the same error on other clients trying to configure CRM for outlook. We are using Outlook 2010 and the CRM is installed on a Microsoft Server 2008 R2. I've googled the problem and tried a lot of things, but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Arne

First of all it might be good to know what version of CRM you are using?

Secondly, have you verified that the user can connect using the web client? That will at least ensure that he can acces the server and that his raccess to CRM is ok.

You also have to be aware that depending on your setup, the CRM site will be in the Trusted Sites zone and might then have to set the user authentication to "Automatic logon with current username and password". The default setting is "automatic logon only in Intranet Zone" and that will not work then.

There might of course be many other reasons, but then we need to know more about what your logs, tracefile etc. says.

Steen Schlüter Persson (DK)
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:48 AM
  • Hi,

I'm trying to configure the CRM connector for outlook but keep getting this message 

"Cannot configure the organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" 

We also get the same error on other clients trying to configure CRM for outlook. We are using Outlook 2010 and the CRM is installed on a Microsoft Server 2008 R2. I've googled the problem and tried a lot of things, but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

The same thing is happening to me.

CRM Outlook Client version 5.0.9688.583

Outlook 2010 (x86) version 14.0.6023.1000

Also installed is MS Communicator (which works fine)

Win7 build 7601 SP1 (64 bit)

CRM web client works fine.

I've confirmed that the server site is in "Local Intranet" and that the authentication settings are as suggested.

I've tried all Google solutions, reinstalling, registry settings, etc. with no luck. Upon configuration, the connection test works, but when I select the organization and press OK, the progress bar stalls at 1/2 way and then I get the "Cannot configure..." error quoted above.

First error dialog says:

"There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

Then:

"Cannot configure the organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Try to configure the organization again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Did computer where you can try to configure CRM Oultook Client is added to Domain ?

KG

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Arne, could you please post contents of the configuration log here (or at least the errors from it). It would greatly help determining the issue.

The log for configuration is located here:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\MSRM\Logs\Crm50ClientConfig.log

Friday, July 29, 2011 5:21 PM
  • Maybe a long shot, but is the time set correctly on the server and client machines? I had a client whose system clock was around 20 mins fast and he couldn't get the Outlook client to connect until it was corrected.
    Neil - My CRM Blog
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:10 PM
  • Please try you internet explorer connection setting whether the proxy setting is checked. If it is checked remove the check box and close the IE windows and try now.

This works because CRM uses IE setting to connect the CRM server via internet or Intranet.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:15 PM
  • I met the same problem.if you solve the problem,plz post it here.thx!
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Hi Arne,

I guess I know what's wrong with this.

are you customize the sitemap?is there link to some specific (non-default) views?

if that true,the outlook connections may be get the error.

Monday, October 17, 2011 2:13 AM