Richer email editor (or a way to use Outlook?) in MSCRM 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have MSCRM 2011 on-premise.    Most of our users use the CRM for Outlook (2010) plugin.

THE primary frustration of my users is the lack of rich email functionality within CRM for Outlook.   When replying to / viewing email activities, the system uses a "quasi-Outlook" interface that is very annoying.   Annoying as in: very difficult (multiple clicks) to add/remove recipients, no "rich editing" capabilities, etc.

Is there a product / method to add richer email capabilities, or a way to configure the system to use the actual Outlook email editor instead?

Thanks!

jon

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:09 PM

All replies

• Why are your users using CRM's email interface if they have Outlook and the CRM plugin?  They would be best served by using Outlook.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:31 PM
  • The do use Outlook as normal course of action, but for example they have certain activity views within CRM for Outlook in which they may want to open an activity and "reply all".    In this scenario ideally the Outlook client (or some richer client) would be used - but instead the shoddy quasi-Outlook client is used.  

I was wondering if there were any workarounds to improve this type of use case.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:21 PM