SOLVED: Constituent Donation Information: totals turn to zero after page loads RRS feed

• Question

• When I first open the record for a constituent, as the page loads I can see that all of the totals in the Donation Information are updating. And I can quickly take a screen shot, view the picture, and verify that the numbers are correct. However, once the constituent page fully loads, all of the totals in the Donation Information are erased and just the dollar sign is displayed. I have installed Donation Management in Dynamics CRM 2011 on-premise. Any ideas as to what might be making the totals clear out? I have made sure that all of the plug-ins are registered.

I solved this problem. The donation record needs to be marked as COLLECTED in order for the totals to calculate. It was still marked as OPEN.

• Edited by CVT Monday, June 27, 2011 10:13 PM Problem Solved
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:03 PM

Answers

• hi,

Good that you solved it :) Here's the "why" behind it if you are interested...

This is because there is script that runs on form load which calculates the amount and populates the fields on the Constituent form.

But if the payment has not happened (Donation in Open state) then the field values should not be updated hence they get cleared out of the form.

The script runs on form load & so you see it momentarily and then the fields settle down to what they are supposed to show.
    That is:

-Date & amount if the donation is paid.
    -And empty if the donation is in open state.

thanks,

RBaliga

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:01 AM