M$ support RRS feed

• Question

• This has to be the absolute worst support I have ever received in my entire life.

I reinstalled WHS after a update failure.

I reinstalled the connector software on all the other pc's in my house, 3 of which are running the same version of Windows 7.

This laptop get an error "cannot install windows home server connector on a windows home server". This previously had the connector software installed, but as anyone who has reloaded the home server software on a ASUS mini knows, you have to uninstall it before you can recover your server.

I have spent 2 night after countless hangups on their end and the latest thing they offer is paid support!

We have 5 laptops 4 Xbox 360's and 1000's of dollars in games and accessories and they want to squeeze more money out of me when it should be pretty damn obvious this is a windows issue that was caused by their home server software.

I am about ready to start a fire and toss this all in and switch to mac. i already have 4 PS3's and 2 PS4's so I am on my way to becoming an apple fanboy.

If someone from Microsoft reads this and can fix my issue...hurray! if not F()k M$!

Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:47 AM

All replies

• I hear your pain but the chances of getting support from Microsoft on an OS that is well beyond it's support period is approaching zero. In fact, they have never supported WHS as it is an OEM product and support was provided by whoever built your server. When you reinstalled WHS did you update it with all the latest updates before trying to install the connector, although I am not sure that updates are even still available? The connector was updated many times through the OS life so what was on the DVD may not be compatible. It's a bit like having an XP machine - time to move on with an alternative solution for whatever you use WHS for. PS I have nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, February 22, 2015 3:24 AM