CRM 2011 outlook configuration error : The specified locale is not installed on this machine. Make sure you install the appropriate language pack. [ LCID = 1042 ] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Recently we started to use CRM 2011 in outlook and spreading to use across all regions,

One of my Korea region CRM 2011 user has tried to integrate the CRM with outlook 2010 client, then he is able to authenticate but unable to add and it throw error

"Error Type: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException
    Error Message: The specified locale is not installed on this machine. Make sure you install the appropriate language pack. [ LCID = 1042 ]"

other regions users are not having any issue in configuring outlook 32 bit 2010.

Any suggessions

Thanks,

Sama.

• Edited by Cool sama Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:45 AM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

I have got the issue resolved, did try to uninstall and reinstall the outlook plugin mulitple times, enbaled tracing on the Diagnostics, then integrated striaght away without any isse

lessons learnt as below,

When outlook is integrated with CRM, it creates compact database and brings in any language pack required according to the IME on the system. if any SQL is already existing in system it tries to collate, so sometimes thrughs errror as found in this, but to the worst case uninstallign the SQL and running this plugin and reinstall the SQL should help

CRM 2011 Still supports IE8, XP sp3 with office 2010 32 bit without any issues,

Thanks guys for your time.

Thanks,

Sama

• Marked as answer by Cool sama Monday, February 24, 2014 12:34 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 12:34 PM

All replies

• hi

Is Korean language pack installed on the server  ?

Is language pack enabled for this user ?

Is Rollup version of CRM 2011 server and language pack same ?

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:49 AM
  • Hi Mate,

we have rollup 10 for CRM onpremises server and roll up 16 for the outlook 2010 client

Language pack we haven't installed,, I was expecting roll up should cover this languages.

found a link for language pack

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=27819

user don't have any issues accessing the CRM webclient.

Is Korean language pack installed on the server  ? may I know which serveryou are asking here CRM or outlook? if CRM can you update me how to find this.

Thanks,

Sama.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:09 AM
  • Hi

Also, try to check, open crm webclient with administrator security role user. Go to settings --> administrations --> systemsettings.

Under language, see if you see Korean. if it is disabled. Enable it and try to configure outlook again.

Here is where you can get language pack from :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27819

But seeing at error you are getting, you already have language pack installed on server.

What you are missing is proper rollup version. 

For example, you have rollup 12 on server. Go to rollup 12 download link. search for files with MUI packs. To get file for Korean language, switch language of download page to korean. By default its english which corresponds to US english

Are you using outlook in Korean version ? and whats the base language for your CRM (is it english)?

If thats how it is, probably, u will need korean language pack for CRM in case you do not have it as of now

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Hi there,

Basically the CRM server was installed under English(us) so when I try to install the language pack on CRM server, since English(US) is already there for CRM server its not going through. Our head office is UK  and CRM server is installed in the head office only, so we can't change to Korean.

I believe the outlook client is in Korean language for the end user and CRM server is in English(US), when we integrating it throws error.

In settings --> administrations --> systemsettings ->Languages : its empty not even english available.

we are in CRM rollup 10 and can't go to rollup 12 because of Javascripts needs to be chagned to XRM, which is a heavy work to do at the moment.

"I am bit clear now the problem is integrating English CRM server 2011 with korean language outlook2010"

Thanks,

Sama.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:31 PM
  • Hi

Workaround could be to install Korean language pack.

Purpose of Language packs is this only, so that users with different languages can use CRM at same time.

------------------

If my posts helped you and answered your queries, please mark it as answer. This might help others in future too.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:04 PM
  • Hi,

I did manage to get the language pack installed on the CRM webclient and enabled, but the enduser who has outlook client in Korean is still unable to integrate with CRM webclient.

Thanks,

Sama

• Marked as answer by Cool sama Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Cool sama Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:37 AM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Hi

Do you know if you have installed outlook connector with offline capability.

If yes,What is the locale of SQL CE which is installed on users machine

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:54 AM
  • Hi mate,

while installing the the oulook connector on the client machine below error user is facing!

Exception generated at: 2014-02-17 오후 4:37:11
    Error Type: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException
    Error Message: The specified locale is not installed on this machine. Make sure you install the appropriate language pack. [ LCID = 1042 ]
    Error Stack Trace:
     at SqlCeEngine.CreateDatabase()  ilOffset = 0x1D1
     at CrmSqlCeDatabase.CreateDatabase(Boolean force)  ilOffset = 0x47
     at CrmSqlCeDatabase.Initialize()  ilOffset = 0xE6
     at MetadataCacheManager.PreloadStatistics(Guid orgId)  ilOffset = 0x0
     at MetadataCacheManager.PerformancePreload()  ilOffset = 0x4A

Stack Frame:

at OutlookUtility.HandleExceptionInternal(Exception exception, Boolean showMessageBox, IWin32Window messageBoxOwner, String errorMessage)  ilOffset = 0x107
     at OutlookUtility.HandleExceptionSilent(Exception exception)  ilOffset = 0x9
     at MetadataCacheManager.PerformancePreload()  ilOffset = 0x70
     at ClientDynamicMetadataCache..ctor(IOrganizationContext context, Boolean reloadAsynchronously)  ilOffset = 0x46
     at ClientDynamicMetadataCache.LoadCache(IOrganizationContext context, Boolean unusedHere)  ilOffset = 0x7
     at MetadataCache.GetInstance(IOrganizationContext context)  ilOffset = 0x71
     at OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime()  ilOffset = 0xA3
     at OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)  ilOffset = 0x2D
     at ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)  ilOffset = 0x46
     at QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)  ilOffset = 0x1A
     at ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)  ilOffset = 0x29
     at RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)  ilOffset = 0xFFFFFFFF
     at ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)  ilOffset = 0x42
     at ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)  ilOffset = 0x8E
     at QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()  ilOffset = 0x35
     at ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()  ilOffset = 0x81
     at _ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()  ilOffset = 0x51

If yes,What is the locale of SQL CE which is installed on users machine :  I don't know how to find this can you please assist

Thanks,

Sama

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:03 AM
  • Hi

What was the solution ?

I am really interested to know about it 

Thanks

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:53 AM
  • Hi Mate,

not yet! Still looking for solution.

Thanks,

Sama.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:56 PM
  • But your solution seems to have an answer.

Maybe, you mistakenly clicked on one of your post "Mark as answer".

Unmark it as answer, else no one will look into your post to help you :)

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:35 PM
  • Hi Mate,

I have got further details on investigation

outllok rollup: rollup 16

enduser using Koren IME, outolook is in english as the base language

Sql ce :: 3.5 sp2enu

Rollup 16 for
    outlook

.net framework 3.5.sp2

.net framework 2.0 sp 2 language pack korea

still the same error after installing the language pack in korea 32 bit

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27819

Thanks,

Sama.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:26 AM
  • Hi there,

I have got the issue resolved, did try to uninstall and reinstall the outlook plugin mulitple times, enbaled tracing on the Diagnostics, then integrated striaght away without any isse

lessons learnt as below,

When outlook is integrated with CRM, it creates compact database and brings in any language pack required according to the IME on the system. if any SQL is already existing in system it tries to collate, so sometimes thrughs errror as found in this, but to the worst case uninstallign the SQL and running this plugin and reinstall the SQL should help

CRM 2011 Still supports IE8, XP sp3 with office 2010 32 bit without any issues,

Thanks guys for your time.

Thanks,

Sama

• Marked as answer by Cool sama Monday, February 24, 2014 12:34 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 12:34 PM