none
copying thread from forum and pasting into message in outlook freezes outlook RRS feed

• Question

• It would probably be more appropriate to submit this as a bug to the Outlook team but I thought it worth noting that when I copy text from a post and paste it into a new message in Outlook on Vista, the spinning waiting circle sits there spinning forever. When I paste content that i've copied from elsewhere into an outlook message, a small delay usually occurs as outlook transfer style formatting info from the source. So it appears that Outlook is having difficulty getting the style information?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Anna
    Friday, March 7, 2008 5:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anna-

Sorry for the delay. This issue has been logged as a bug for investigation by the product team and I will update you as soon as I have a response.

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Sustained Engineering Team
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:47 AM
  • I personally cannot reproduce this problem. In any case I would recommend sending the html you are posting to the outlook team.
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Friday, March 28, 2008 8:51 PM
    Answerer
  • I, too, have had this problem many times.  Pasting something from the web or another application into an Outlook or Word file.  The program then freezes for quite some time.  The Task Manager shows Outlook and Word as "Running" but I get the blue spinning circle indicating that something is wrong with the program.  Anything happening internally at Microsoft to fix this since March 2008? 

Thanks,
    David
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:18 PM