Genuin WIN XP PRO RRS feed

• Question

• I have unfortunately had some problems with one of my computers and had to re-install windows, (several times resent years), but now I am not allowed to re-install since I have used the reg. to often. The version of WIN XP is bought leagally, and is a genuine CD, which are registered through you every time re-intalled.

Please advice how to avoid the same problem if happens again.

Another quest is, what would the cost be if I want a licence I can use on my 3 computers at home/office (not in network yet)?.

Thanks in advance for your reply,w which I hope can solve my problem.

Best regards

Jens P.Vaernes

Sunday, June 4, 2006 10:57 PM

Answers

• Jens,

Typical consumer licenses for Windows XP allow an unlimited number of reinstallations and activations as long as the EULA is not being violated.

If XP's activation system detects an unusual number of installations on one Product Key, activation will be suspended and you will see a phone number to call on your screen.  Those installing XP in compliance with the EULA are taken care of promptly by the telephone reps.

Monday, June 5, 2006 4:14 AM
  •  Jens P.Vaernes wrote:

I have unfortunately had some problems with one of my computers and had to re-install windows, (several times resent years), but now I am not allowed to re-install since I have used the reg. to often. The version of WIN XP is bought leagally, and is a genuine CD, which are registered through you every time re-intalled.

Another quest is, what would the cost be if I want a licence I can use on my 3 computers at home/office (not in network yet)?.

Best regards

Jens P.Vaernes

Jens:

Liceneses are only for single use. OEM licenses are only for specific computers.

-Phil Liu

Monday, June 5, 2006 6:31 PM

All replies

• Jens,

Typical consumer licenses for Windows XP allow an unlimited number of reinstallations and activations as long as the EULA is not being violated.

If XP's activation system detects an unusual number of installations on one Product Key, activation will be suspended and you will see a phone number to call on your screen.  Those installing XP in compliance with the EULA are taken care of promptly by the telephone reps.

Monday, June 5, 2006 4:14 AM
  • Thanks your reply.

No problem by activating the product since i were transfered to personal support. My problem was explained and thats it, new activation code enebled and all done.

Monday, June 5, 2006 10:37 AM
  • Jens,

Glad to see it you're back to normal!

Monday, June 5, 2006 3:05 PM
  •  Jens P.Vaernes wrote:

I have unfortunately had some problems with one of my computers and had to re-install windows, (several times resent years), but now I am not allowed to re-install since I have used the reg. to often. The version of WIN XP is bought leagally, and is a genuine CD, which are registered through you every time re-intalled.

Best regards

Jens P.Vaernes

Jens:

Liceneses are only for single use. OEM licenses are only for specific computers.

-Phil Liu

Monday, June 5, 2006 6:31 PM