none
Is it possible to use long double numbers (80 bit floating point extended precision) in the Windows HPC Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to use long double numbers (80 bit floating point extended precision) in the Windows HPC Server?

According to my knowledge the only tool which I can use is Intel C++ compiler with the following options /fp:source /Qlong-double /Qpc80.
    Is there any way to get extended precision in Visual C++?

Are there any other (different than Intel C++ compiler) tools/compilers/libraries which can give me extended precision on Windows HPC?

Regards,

Jedrek

Sunday, July 12, 2009 1:49 AM

Answers

• it's possible to use them on HPC server, but the compiler does not support them. If you do not want to change compilers you may be able to find a 3rd party math lib that does this, or if you want you can try to use inline assembly.
    bing "extended precision math library" and maybe you will find sometihng useful.
    -thanks, johndaly
    johndaly
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:17 PM

All replies

• it's possible to use them on HPC server, but the compiler does not support them. If you do not want to change compilers you may be able to find a 3rd party math lib that does this, or if you want you can try to use inline assembly.
    bing "extended precision math library" and maybe you will find sometihng useful.
    -thanks, johndaly
    johndaly
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:17 PM
  • Plese, vote (click a button) in Microsoft Connect to indicate addition of 80 bit long double to Visual C++ is important:

connect microsoft com feedback# 691066

80-bit-floating-point-extended-precision#tabs

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:54 PM