Error Loading Operating System RRS feed

• Question

• my WHS was running fine on a Maxtor 150gig HD. I wanted to add an extra internal Samsung HD. So i turned off the  WHS installed the 150 gig Samsung HD as the slave HD. Now when i try to boot it says Error Loading Operating System. What did i do wrong? How can i fix without reinstalling everything again
    Monday, April 16, 2007 8:35 PM

Answers

• I would take the new drive out and try to see if the system boots properly. If it does then I would double check my drive configuration to make sure that the drives jumpers are set properly to designate them as master and slave. If you have a newre system cable select might be a better setting to use.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:05 AM

All replies

• I would take the new drive out and try to see if the system boots properly. If it does then I would double check my drive configuration to make sure that the drives jumpers are set properly to designate them as master and slave. If you have a newre system cable select might be a better setting to use.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:05 AM
  • Sounds like it's just trying to boot of the new drive.

I'd make sure that in BIOS it is set to start up from the right drive. 

Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:31 PM
  • Hello,

I'm getting 'Error Loading Operating System' when attempting to install Windows Home Server.

This occurs during the first reboot after booting the install from the DVD.

I have tested that my drives are working and also re-installed Windows XP as a test (it has no problems starting the os from hdd  during the install).

I have a slightly unusual HDD setup - I have an XFX Raid 3 controller card  that uses 3 identical Samsung SATA-II 500Gb drives, giving a total of 1Tb.

The RAID controller doesn't need any drivers to run under XP.

It also uses BIOS interupt 13 for booting which I think might be the problem..

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:15 AM