Embedding Video RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a folder in public on HP Mediasmart which holds video.  Does anyone know how to set up a scenario where you can create clickable icons that will play imbedded video content of files stored in the noted public folder?

Jerry

• Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Monday, March 9, 2009 11:48 AM dev question (Moved from Windows Home Server Software to Windows Home Server Add-Ins and Developer Information)
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:32 AM

All replies

• If you're talking about something like YouTube, you'll need a couple of things. First, you'll need a lot of patience and a willingness to experiment, because I know of no turnkey consumer solution that will do what you want to do. :)

Then you'll need a tool which is capable of streaming the media you want to stream (which could conceivably be nothing more than embedding media player in a web page) and a means of transcoding the video to a format that you can stream. Full high definition video will require too much bandwidth to stream over the internet, especially with the usual consumer oriented asymmetric broadband connections that most ISPs deliver, so transcoding/resampling is a must.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 9, 2009 11:48 AM
  • I Googled and found a embedded media HTML generator.  Basically what I am wanting to is make video clips from a Canon A series camera available really to either stream or download.  I know how to link to these files individually but I wanted to have a page where video shows up like this http://home.swbell.net/jshollis/123456789.jpg and all you have to do is click and either a single video streams or downloads or opens a page where all available content is shown and you either click or download.  The web link shown when clicked shows hundreds of photos under each icon.

Monday, March 9, 2009 1:02 PM