Can't Map Public Folder? RRS feed

• Question

• Vista Home Premium: When I map the public folder on this of my machine strange things happen.  1st of all I can map other folders on the server without issue on this machine, Music, Photos etc.  I had it mapped and working yesterday as T:, today the icon is not the same as yesterday, actually it's just the generic one you get when Windows doesn't recognize the program.  I dbl click it and once it says "applictation not found" another time it starts the "window easy transfer" program.  I did have some old MIG folders in there so i deleted them and i still get the same errors.  If i remap it with another letter i get the same results.  I can't disconnect T: either it stays there but i can disconnect the new ones i create.  i can access the folder through windows explorer and WHS Console but not when mapped.  What's going on here?

Friday, January 15, 2010 7:32 PM

Answers

• Vista Home Premium: When I map the public folder on this of my machine strange things happen.  1st of all I can map other folders on the server without issue on this machine, Music, Photos etc.  I had it mapped and working yesterday as T:, today the icon is not the same as yesterday, actually it's just the generic one you get when Windows doesn't recognize the program.  I dbl click it and once it says "applictation not found" another time it starts the "window easy transfer" program.  I did have some old MIG folders in there so i deleted them and i still get the same errors.  If i remap it with another letter i get the same results.  I can't disconnect T: either it stays there but i can disconnect the new ones i create.  i can access the folder through windows explorer and WHS Console but not when mapped.  What's going on here?

It sounds to me like you're having more of a client (Vista) issue than a server issue.  You might try posting your question in the Vista forums as well.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:41 PM

All replies

• Help Please
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:34 PM

It sounds to me like you're having more of a client (Vista) issue than a server issue.  You might try posting your question in the Vista forums as well.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:41 PM