2 part ? about "Track in Crm" and Activities RRS feed

• Question

• First thanks to the guys that helped me with my other posts!

Again, I'm new to all this. Here is my second question.

I'm using crm 3.0 pro. have user using the outlook client. When they use "track in Crm" for an email. The email goes to the "All Activities" under workplace where they then open the email and either "assign" it to another user OR they can use "regarding" and tie it to an account or lead history.

My question is, when the emails that are selected by my users to "track in crm" can they be sent to the users "My Activites" instead of "All Activities" ???

second part is. Why doesn't the "All Activites" page remove the now "old" activity once it has been "assigned" or "regarding" to another user, lead, account..etc. Or must I always go in and delete them from "all activites" ?

I would say my users will use that feature the most, next to attaching things to accounts, leads..etc

Thanks for any help or intel on this.

Once again, I'm a complete newbie to crm
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 5:17 PM

Answers

•  

You need to understand the purpose of the two view. All Activities shows literally all activities whether they are completed or not and regardless of who owns the activity. Activities covers records such as tasks, appointments as well and not just e-mails.

My activities only shows those activities that are still open and owned by the user that is logged on.

You definitely do not want to delete the items from All activities as you will be deleting the history for your contacts and accounts.

When you click on Track in CRM in the outlook e-mail, the e-mail activity appears against the record in CRM (in brief: CRM matches the e-mail with a record whose e-mail address matches those in the e-mail) as a closed activity. Because the e-mail is now a closed activity it also happens to show in All Activities.

You might find that the My Closed Activities is a better view as it is restricted to closed activities owned by the user.

Nothwithstanding this users can create their own views. Choose a view, then click on Advanced find, there you will see the definition of the view (you'll need to click on Show Details) which you can modify and then save the view for future use. The administrator can create views for everyone.

Advanced Find is very powerful and useful and you should spend some time researching it.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:28 PM

All replies

•  

You need to understand the purpose of the two view. All Activities shows literally all activities whether they are completed or not and regardless of who owns the activity. Activities covers records such as tasks, appointments as well and not just e-mails.

My activities only shows those activities that are still open and owned by the user that is logged on.

You definitely do not want to delete the items from All activities as you will be deleting the history for your contacts and accounts.

When you click on Track in CRM in the outlook e-mail, the e-mail activity appears against the record in CRM (in brief: CRM matches the e-mail with a record whose e-mail address matches those in the e-mail) as a closed activity. Because the e-mail is now a closed activity it also happens to show in All Activities.

You might find that the My Closed Activities is a better view as it is restricted to closed activities owned by the user.

Nothwithstanding this users can create their own views. Choose a view, then click on Advanced find, there you will see the definition of the view (you'll need to click on Show Details) which you can modify and then save the view for future use. The administrator can create views for everyone.

Advanced Find is very powerful and useful and you should spend some time researching it.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:28 PM
  • This is excellent information here. Thanks Feridun.

I wiped out the all activities testing out some stuff. lol oh well ....luckily I just deployed this. doesn't matter they can track them again. (this is what happens when you ask your network eng to do this *** trying to be cheap) lol

Thanks alot. appreciated. 
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:29 PM