Multilingual support in Windows Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• User should be able to change UI language. (English / local language)

At least, OS should support international characters and keyboard.

In my case, I am Thai. When I bought Windows phone, it does not support Thai Character. If I open any contents that has Thai chars, they are all squares, cannot read at all. I also cannot add Thai Keyboard. User should be able to add other languages keyboard just like in Windows XP, Vista, 7.
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 5:03 PM

Answers

• The operating system itself supports it, but the OEM of the device can make decisions on what resources and fonts make their way onto the device.  The generally accepted reason for the lack of the support is that the OEM is leaving the needed resources out to save ROM space.

Though I agree with you 100%.  I am in the USA and would like to be able to view japanese content from my device but cannot.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:44 PM
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:53 AM

All replies

• The operating system itself supports it, but the OEM of the device can make decisions on what resources and fonts make their way onto the device.  The generally accepted reason for the lack of the support is that the OEM is leaving the needed resources out to save ROM space.

Though I agree with you 100%.  I am in the USA and would like to be able to view japanese content from my device but cannot.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:44 PM
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:53 AM
  • I agreed with natchez too. I am Chinese and using an English version of Windows Mobile 6.5, when I sync e-mail from my hotmail or yahoo account, I found that sometimes the Chinese characters became square !
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:28 AM