From where should i start for Implementin CRM as Ticketing System RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guyz, im trying to implement a Ticketing System/Help Desk System in CRM 2011.

IM doing this by using CRM API from  C# Code. As of now, i know that the only thing that i need to worry about is the Case Entity , which will be used in raising cases(Issues), so can any one please guide me what things should i consider before moving further??

Im just looking for a simple Ticketing System, where I have lot of Customer Accounts and they can raise issues regarding whatever they have. Now there will be class 1 Support people who are directly involved with customers, i want to make sure that if they don't solve it for some period of time it should be automatically escalated to some one else who are class2 Report people, can any one guide me here, 

please help me guyz

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For raising a ticket you can use the inbuild functionality Case Entity that will be perfect fit. For esclation you can trigger an workflows, you can write a wait condition workflow. Already case entity having an 1:N relationship with case what ever tickets have been raised by that particular customer you may have a track. For example when a customer raises a case when through email, you can convert that email to case in CRM automatically. You can utilize the assign and queues functionality of CRM to move the cases to particular user or queue.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya. My Blog: http://inventcrm.wordpress.com/

• Edited by SuryaMSCRMEditor Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by SuryaMSCRMEditor Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:00 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by SyedHaroon Friday, September 21, 2012 6:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Friday, September 21, 2012 6:58 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:56 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

For raising a ticket you can use the inbuild functionality Case Entity that will be perfect fit. For esclation you can trigger an workflows, you can write a wait condition workflow. Already case entity having an 1:N relationship with case what ever tickets have been raised by that particular customer you may have a track. For example when a customer raises a case when through email, you can convert that email to case in CRM automatically. You can utilize the assign and queues functionality of CRM to move the cases to particular user or queue.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya. My Blog: http://inventcrm.wordpress.com/

• Edited by SuryaMSCRMEditor Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by SuryaMSCRMEditor Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:00 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by SyedHaroon Friday, September 21, 2012 6:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Friday, September 21, 2012 6:58 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:56 AM
    Answerer
  • hi, 

Do you have SLA to do the escalation against multiple time points for each ticket and do you have categories for the tickets (e.g.  incident, problem, service request ...)

Regards,

Ziad 

zyamak

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:48 AM