Mail Merge with CRM 2015 and Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently my company updated to CRM 2015.

We are using mail merge feature.

After we updated to CRM 2015, this feature doesn't work in Word 2013.

It works when we open .doc for mail merge from Outlook, but when we download .doc file from CRM web app (on-premise) it doesn't work.

Word document doesn't show CRM_MailMerge macro in list of macros (View -> Macros).

Same feature works in Word 2010 (Macro is automatically started after I download and open the .doc file, enable file for edit,

and click "enable content" to enable macros in ).

I was thinking the problem might be with security settings, but everything seems fine.

Security settings in Word 2013 (where macro is in the list) and Word 2015 (where macro is not visible) seem to be the same.

What can be different in using CRM for outlook and CRM Web app ?

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:50 PM

All replies

• In CRM 4 and CRM 2011, the Outlook client had the extra functionality with the hook to link into the macro in Word.  The web client didn't have the hook.   I'm sure that things haven't changed in CRM 2013 or 2015.  But yes, you will see a difference in functionality in mail merge when using the Outlook client.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:41 PM
  • I don't know...

These are the cases:

Windows 7 -> Web client for CRM 2013 -> Download mail merge template (.doc file) -> Open in Word 2010 -> Macro exists in list

Windows 7 -> Web client for CRM 2015 -> Download mail merge template (.doc file) -> Open in Word 2010 -> Macro exists in list

Windows 8.1 -> Web client for CRM 2013 -> Download mail merge template (.doc file) -> Open in Word 2013 -> Macro exists in list

Windows 8.1 -> Web client for CRM 2015 -> Download mail merge template (.doc file) -> Open in Word 2013 -> Macro doesn't exist in list

Windows xy -> Outlook xy (accessing CRM organization) -> Download mail merge template (.doc file) -> Open in Word 2013  -> Macro exists in list

Why  combination CRM15 and Word 2013 doesn't work?

Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:34 AM