none
Achievements Wiki Editor II and III are missing RRS feed

• Question

• I think the achievements Wiki Editor II / Wiki Editor III are missing in my profile:

I edited 1080 article and earned 741 points for my edits.

This should be enough for

* Wiki Editor II (25 edited articles, 10 articles receive 500 page views)

* Wiki Editor III (100 edited articles, 20 articles receive 500 page views)

Where is the problem?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:11 PM

Answers

• It is very difficult to check points you get for Wiki activity. I have not been able to track my own. I can only note that if an article you edit achieves 500,000 views, you get 100 points. If it achieves 1,000,000 view you get 250 points. More likely you got points for some of the 14 articles you published. For these, only 20,000 views earns you 150 points, 50,000 views earns 200 points. See this Wiki article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7893.what-is-it-worth-details-on-technet-wiki-recognition.aspx

When these are achieved, you should it in your profile. It will say something like "The article xxxxx has achieved its 15 minutes of fame. Congratulations!". Then you need to look up how many points that gave you.

It is possible you have 741 Wiki points, but not yet edited 10 articles that have been viewed 500 times. Also, it might be that the views must have happened after your edit. I don't know.

One of our feature requests for the Wiki is the ability to see how many views an article has achieved. Without this we are handicapped. The hope is that we can escalate this with the developers.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:48 PM
  • I finally found the solution (and got the achievenents). The actual requirements are:

* Wiki Editor II (25 edited articles, 10 OF YOUR CREATED articles receive 500 page views)

* Wiki Editor III (100 edited articles, 20  OF YOUR CREATED articles receive 500 page views)

I expected that the 25 or 100 edited arcticles had to get the page views - this was a wrong assumption.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:07 PM

All replies

• Perhaps the articles have not received 500 page views....

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Hello Karl,

I think, it must be something else:  

I earned 741 points for editing articles, and at least 500 page views are needed to get 1 point for an edited article. See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7893.what-is-it-worth-details-on-technet-wiki-recognition.aspx

I.e. 741 points indicate that missing page views cannot be cause.

Best regards,

Carsten

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:59 PM
  • It is very difficult to check points you get for Wiki activity. I have not been able to track my own. I can only note that if an article you edit achieves 500,000 views, you get 100 points. If it achieves 1,000,000 view you get 250 points. More likely you got points for some of the 14 articles you published. For these, only 20,000 views earns you 150 points, 50,000 views earns 200 points. See this Wiki article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7893.what-is-it-worth-details-on-technet-wiki-recognition.aspx

When these are achieved, you should it in your profile. It will say something like "The article xxxxx has achieved its 15 minutes of fame. Congratulations!". Then you need to look up how many points that gave you.

It is possible you have 741 Wiki points, but not yet edited 10 articles that have been viewed 500 times. Also, it might be that the views must have happened after your edit. I don't know.

One of our feature requests for the Wiki is the ability to see how many views an article has achieved. Without this we are handicapped. The hope is that we can escalate this with the developers.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:48 PM
  • Richard, what you said is very true: Ability to see a count of Wiki article page views would be quite helpful.

Obviously, there's a "magic page hit counter" somewhere, since we receive points and/or achievements for x number of views.

tnjman

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:25 PM
  • I finally found the solution (and got the achievenents). The actual requirements are:

* Wiki Editor II (25 edited articles, 10 OF YOUR CREATED articles receive 500 page views)

* Wiki Editor III (100 edited articles, 20  OF YOUR CREATED articles receive 500 page views)

I expected that the 25 or 100 edited arcticles had to get the page views - this was a wrong assumption.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:07 PM