How do I benefit from using WHS 2011 at home? RRS feed

• Question

• So, the question)
    • Moved by Ken Warren Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:42 PM WHS 2011 question (From:Windows Home Server & Windows Home Server "Vail" Add-Ins and Developer Information)
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:44 PM

All replies

• You might want to start with some of the promotional material on Microsoft's site, which will help you understand the features of Windows Home Server 2011.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:42 PM
  • It will make your breakfast for you in the morning!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:10 PM
  • It will make your breakfast for you in the morning!
    Really? Which add-in is that? Does it make a really good cup of coffee? After all, "Coffee is the most important meal of the day." or something like that...

Friday, February 24, 2012 1:38 AM
  • Sorry, Ken. Per the EULA, coffee is unsupported.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 1:19 PM
  • Sorry, Ken. Per the EULA, coffee is unsupported.
    Feh. Silly Microsoft.

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:23 PM
  • I implemented WHS2011 so I could try WSUS on it--I have a lot of PCs and very limited Internet bandwidth so was interested to see if I could host Windows Updates on my own. It's not strictly a supported configuration for WHS2011 but it works perfectly and I'm happy.

But an unexpected benefit of WHS2011 for me was the "automatic backup" features once you implement the Connector software to your PCs. I've only had WHS2011 in service for a couple months but this has already saved me on one or two occasions where I'd (thought I'd) lost some files. WHS2011 easily got 'em back for me.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 2:42 PM