Microsoft Money Plus Sunset downloaded, get error messeages RRS feed

• Question

• We had the old Microsoft Money and encountered a problem downloading transactions from our bank so we went looking for a solution. The solution told us to install MS Money Plus Sunset, which we did. When we did that and tried to log into Money, it told us that either our email or password was incorrect. We had just changed the password that went with it also, so we entered the old password, which worked. But when we went to download the bank info into money, we got the error Money encountered a problem and needed to close. It happened every time that we did it. I called Microsoft Customer Service and the lady got all my info and said an email that would correct the link or something like that would follow. That was an hour ago and we still have not received it. So I am seeking any help in this before calling them again. Getting frustrated and seriously thinking of finding another money program somewhere else, like heading to Walmart or something. 

Please advise. 

Joe Grohol 

Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:30 PM

All replies

• First, remove your Live ID.  To remove the Live ID having already logged in offline as you described, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

Regarding the download from your bank, are you running Windows XP? There is a recent thread regarding that: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/ca2c6a66-c16a-4ef4-9c76-a8d73438a172

Official Microsoft Money support has been ended. So I would be surprised if you got that support email.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:56 PM