File extentions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Ímporting Data into Zentity, what kind of file extentions is Zentity compatible to?

as an example, when i use the data import tool, what files does it download from the MedPub Online database?

is it cXML or any other/more? why doesnt it download Images?

Thankyou.

Monday, May 21, 2012 10:13 AM

Answers

• Zentity client is compatible with many formats. Almost all the popular formats are defined within zentity client as mime type to work with zentity client applications.

Zentity is independent from the source of data. You can fill Zentity from various sources. You need to change the resource relationships according to the data model defintions for the resource type while importing data from other sources, which may be PubMed.

Please let me know if you have any further query.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Remotek Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:09 AM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:15 AM

All replies

• Zentity client is compatible with many formats. Almost all the popular formats are defined within zentity client as mime type to work with zentity client applications.

Zentity is independent from the source of data. You can fill Zentity from various sources. You need to change the resource relationships according to the data model defintions for the resource type while importing data from other sources, which may be PubMed.

Please let me know if you have any further query.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Remotek Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:09 AM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:15 AM
  • You can fill Zentity from various sources. You need to change the resource relationships according to the data model defintions for the resource type while importing data from other sources, which may be PubMed. How do I do that? RDFs?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Apologies for not being clear. The US President is a nice example for what you are looking for. I am trying to explain few points.

First, the Zentity is an electronic repository of any kind of resources and relationships between the resources. These resource can either be a file, an image, an information etc. When you store resources you want to classify them for easier retrieval and searching. These classification is called a store. A store is represented by a Model in Zentity. This is to specify (as said before) the type of resources you want to put and get. So, a data model is the upper most classification done on the types of resources, like a namespace. So a store is equivalent to a namespace. This way ScholarlyWorks is a store or a data model or a namespace whatever you may want to say. The data model is “defined” using RDFs. The RDF contains the resources definitions which are included in the store (or namespace or data model, here onward please treat all three equivalent).

When you create a data model you are ready with the definition of the store but yet you have not added any data in the database.

Now you can feel the store with data. These data can be from any source but you need to format it according the definition you have provided in the RDF for its creation. For example, when you see the US president source code you notice a for loop to set data for the US President. The source of the data is xml file for the US president example but it could be any as long as you understand the format of the source data. To take an example, suppose you chose a data source which stores the name of the president by full name but no last name and first name. It could also be the case that the nick name is presented inside a bracket after the full name and no extra filled for nick name. In this case while importing it to Zentity you need to break the full name using the methods provided by the language and set it to the President instance appropriately.  For many purposes you can use PowerShell but to upload the data to the Zentity you will have to write custom code on the line of US President.

Please let me know if this is clear to you or you have any further query.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:27 PM