CRM Customer Portal | How to change the login page from redirecting to homepage, to redirecting to page of origin? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Social Microsoft Community!

I am wondering if someone can point me to an article that helps me with this question, or if someone can provide an answer. We have CRM's customer portal customized for our company. We basically took the sample site provided by CRM, and customized various things, but kept the guts of the project as is (why change it if it's not broke ;). Anyway, when our clients click a link to view their cases, or type out a url other than the homepage that requires a login, they are redirected to the Login page. After the login, they are always redirected to the homepage. How do I change this so it redirects to the page of origin?

I know with windows forms authentication, it automatically puts a returnUrl query string parameter. The customer portal automatically does url rewritting, so I'm not sure what it's doing in regards to that, but I would image it would a global change, but I'm not sure. Any insight someone can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

• Edited by wakurth Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:39 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:30 PM

Answers

• Let's say we have more than one page required login. I would think about storing last page Url somewhere (in Session, for ex) before going for LiveID and check on Home page Load then redirect if there is something in Session. Reset Session variable after. Is it good enough solution?
    • Marked as answer by wakurth Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:58 PM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:33 AM

All replies

• Let's say we have more than one page required login. I would think about storing last page Url somewhere (in Session, for ex) before going for LiveID and check on Home page Load then redirect if there is something in Session. Reset Session variable after. Is it good enough solution?
    • Marked as answer by wakurth Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:58 PM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:33 AM
    This answer will work ;) It would be cool if there was a way to force the CRM authentication model to do this like Forms Authentication does, but a little work around like this won't hurt. Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:00 PM