Profile issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!  I subscribed to Technet using my main hotmail/Live account (fjcondron@hotmail.com).  All is fine there, downloading and generating keys and such.  When I'm on the technet pages, up in the upper right corner of my browser I see that I'm signed in and  have "FJC" as my profile display name.

However, when I click the "Forums" link and get to the main page of the forums, the profile name disappears and is replaced by "create a profile."  If I click on that, OR if I attempt to start a new thread or reply to a thread, I'm directed to the "create a profile" page.  My "FJC" display name will already be populated.  If I then click "Save" I either just get a never-ending spinning logo as the server doesn't respond, or I get an "unable to complete at this time" message (with a maddening link to post here if it continues).  This has gone on for WEEKS now.   I've tried various browsers (IE6, IE8, Firefox), all with the same results.

I finally had to create a new hotmail account with this display name so that I could finally post here. 

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue so that I only have to use one account, instead of a separate one for Technet and the forums?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 9, 2010 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

Below is what i retrieved from back end server:

This profile: Frank Condron is associated with Windows live ID:  fjcondron@hotmail.com

And this profile: FrankC-MI is associated with Windows live ID: frankjcondron@hotmail.com

Regarding profile FJC, it's associated with another Windows Live ID.

As you said,fjcondron@hotmail.com was bound with your TechNet subscription and you want to keep this one?

When you sign into TechNet/MSDN forum with one Live ID at the first time,system will prompt you to Create your profile.Eventually all such web apps share the same profile associated with one specific Live ID,this means if you have created profile under TechNet forum, then when you sign into MSDN forum,and hit the Create a profile prompt, system shall sync it with your TechNet profile.

For more help info, please refer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

Pan Zhang Customer Support EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Monday, April 30, 2012 1:35 AM