none
Profile issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!  I subscribed to Technet using my main hotmail/Live account (fjcondron@hotmail.com).  All is fine there, downloading and generating keys and such.  When I'm on the technet pages, up in the upper right corner of my browser I see that I'm signed in and  have "FJC" as my profile display name.

However, when I click the "Forums" link and get to the main page of the forums, the profile name disappears and is replaced by "create a profile."  If I click on that, OR if I attempt to start a new thread or reply to a thread, I'm directed to the "create a profile" page.  My "FJC" display name will already be populated.  If I then click "Save" I either just get a never-ending spinning logo as the server doesn't respond, or I get an "unable to complete at this time" message (with a maddening link to post here if it continues).  This has gone on for WEEKS now.   I've tried various browsers (IE6, IE8, Firefox), all with the same results.

I finally had to create a new hotmail account with this display name so that I could finally post here. 

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue so that I only have to use one account, instead of a separate one for Technet and the forums?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 9, 2010 10:31 AM

Answers