network issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am having troubles with making a connection in an office from one station.  Originally it had WinXP and now Win7.  If I connect the cable up to the ethernet port on either computer... I cannot access the internet or intranet.  But if I connect the XP machine to a USB to ethernet device... I can connect.  Also... if I have either machine in a different network... I have no troubles.  Hope someone out there has some answers... thank you in advance.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:00 PM

All replies

• I am having troubles with making a connection in an office from one station.  Originally it had WinXP and now Win7.  If I connect the cable up to the ethernet port on either computer... I cannot access the internet or intranet.  But if I connect the XP machine to a USB to ethernet device... I can connect.  Also... if I have either machine in a different network... I have no troubles.  Hope someone out there has some answers... thank you in advance.

It could be that the network card doesn't like Windows 7? I have some older network cards that just don't work with Win 7; no drivers work so far.

Nancy Ward
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 3:44 PM