SecuritySoldier Popup Tells Me I'm Infected, Need to Buy It RRS feed

• General discussion

• Last night my computer (Vista) suddenly began giving me alerts that my virus protection was off and that I needed to purchase security soldier to protect my computer.  I ran a full McAfee scan and found nothing out of order.  Security Soldier keeps giving me intruder alerts and telling me to buy the program.  This looks like a scam to me.  What do I do? 
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:56 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:56 PM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 3:45 PM

All replies

• Yes, it is a scam, contact McAfee perferably their online chat for help. This forum is for Microsoft Security Essentails Beta only.
    Knightsky
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:58 PM
  • The forum you posted to is for the discussion of Microsoft Security Essentials beta. You are infected with a rogue antimalware program which McAfee did not detect. I suggest contacting McAfee support for help with malware removal - http://www.mcafee.com/us/support/index.html
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:59 PM