Incoming Profile configuration for Email Router - CRM 2011 on premise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have two options to configure incoming/outgoing profiles in email router. One with system account for exchange server and other with setting credentials for calling user (i.e. credentials provided in crm setting for email tab).

Which setting is recommended? If we provide user name and password in user's personal settings in crm application for email router profile then its required to change the credentials whenever there is change in password.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Karishma

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Karishma,

PLease go through this link. It gives a very understanding of Email router configuration.

Saad

Regards, Saad

Monday, October 13, 2014 1:22 PM
  • Hi Saad,

Thank you for your response, I have done the same thing. As per my understanding , User Specified means the user who is logged in, is that correct? When I click on Test Access it gives Incoming Profile failed. What I did to fix this is, in personal user settings, under email tab, I configure the following option -

But my question is next time when my AD pwd changes, I need to do the same configuration again with the new pwd. To avoid this I believe we can select "Other Specified" under Access Credentials for the Incoming Profile; and specify an account which has permissions to mailboxes.

So coming back to my initial question, which is a better option and why?

Thanks

Karishma

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:53 AM
  • Hi Karishma,

I used the following configuration for my test system.

crm2011 is the crm admin user whose password never changes. dynamicscrm@******.com is the mail id for this user.

Regards,

Saad

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:50 AM

• Regards, Saad

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:51 AM
  • Hi Saad,

So do you mean to say dynamicscrm@******.com account has access to all the mailboxes and will be allowed to send and receive emails as a delegated user?

Thanka

Karishma

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:05 AM
  • crm2011 user is system admin and has primary mail id as dynamicscrm@******.com .It doesn't have access to all accounts.

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:09 AM
  • Then will the CRM emails be received in OutLook?
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:22 AM
  • Hi Karishma,

I think in order to receive emails in outlook you have to install outlook client. After that you emails will be received in outlook.

Please give it a try.

Saad

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Thanks Saad
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:50 AM