Clients cannot access home server shares RRS feed

• Question

• I had 3 computers Windows 7 successfully connected to home server, but they all stopped working this week.   When connecting to a share, I get a password prompt, and then an error that the userid/password is incorrect, either that or the account is locked.   I went to the server and changed account lockdown attempt threshold from 50 to 0, and force changed the user passwords to what they are supposed to be, but that did not help me connect.  

In fact when rebooting a client, it comes up with the prompt that the windows password and home server password are different (they are not and never were) - but when attempting to change it also says invalid userid/password.

I am able to connect to remote desktop to the server from these machines, so it is not network connectivity.  The administrator password works for remote desktop, but not the shares.

My son was attempting to guess the administrator password, and that is what seemed to set this whole thing off.  But the administrator account still seems to work fine, its all the user accounts that are all not working.

I even created a new test account, both on the server and a client machine, and this account never worked either (invalid userid/password when trying to connect to the shares).

Any suggestions? 

Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:21 PM

All replies

• Can you confirm that your clients and your server are set to the same time, and the same time zone?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:21 PM