Entity Relationships mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a primary entity and a related entity(subgrid).
    I enter the details into the fields of primary entity and save. I then press + on subgrid to open the related entity form. Here I have a mapping to auto populate the parent entity's field into child entity's field.
    But it is not bringing data into child. I have to close both the forms and reopen them and then I see 'Unsaved Changes' message in Parent entity form. I press 'Save' and then open child entity form and now I can see
    auto populated data. I really don't understand what is happening backend. Anybody seen this behavior before?
    Thanks

Friday, December 5, 2014 7:21 PM

Answers

• This happened to me when i was trying to change a read only field in my form with javascript. Make sure you add the submitmode(always) to your code when you change the read-only field.
    • Marked as answer by ReignFan Monday, February 9, 2015 8:33 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 10:02 AM
  • 1. Publish Customization after doing mapping

2. Mapping only works when you create child record.

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by ReignFan Monday, February 9, 2015 8:32 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 3:36 PM

All replies

• Are you sure you are utilizing oob mapping to set value instead of custom javascript written logic which may cause this issue, did you check if there is any script on child entity??

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Saturday, December 6, 2014 8:11 AM
  • This happened to me when i was trying to change a read only field in my form with javascript. Make sure you add the submitmode(always) to your code when you change the read-only field.
    • Marked as answer by ReignFan Monday, February 9, 2015 8:33 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 10:02 AM
  • 1. Publish Customization after doing mapping

2. Mapping only works when you create child record.

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by ReignFan Monday, February 9, 2015 8:32 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 3:36 PM