The setup program can't stop the services that was installed by that setup program RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to uninstall OCS2.7 SE PB (the Office Communications Server 2007 Public Beta, Standard Edition Server) and got the message:

One or more services that were installed by this product are still active. We recommend that you deactivate these services before you continue removing the server;

The setup program can't stop the services that were installed by that setup program.

I really don't understand it.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:00 AM

Answers

• Before Uninstall the application you need to first Deactivate each component.  You can do this by going into the Management console right click the the server and click Deactivate you should be giving four options.  A/V Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Web Component, and Front End.

Louis H

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 6:32 PM

All replies

• Before Uninstall the application you need to first Deactivate each component.  You can do this by going into the Management console right click the the server and click Deactivate you should be giving four options.  A/V Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Web Component, and Front End.

Louis H

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Hi,

I am also having problems uninstalling. Though I have disabled the OCS Services and restarted, the following will not uninstall:

Office Communications Server 2007 Public Beta, Web Components. All the other programs are uninstalled.

Here are the services I disabled (They are stopped):

Audio/Video Conferencing

Front End

IM Conferencing

Telephony Conferencing

Web Conferencing

There seems to be an additional service(s) to stop. Please advise on what this is.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:54 PM