Anyone from Philippines? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Could anybody tell what the differences between oem and a retail?

where could i get here a legit software of XP?

thanx...

Saturday, July 1, 2006 4:16 PM

Answers

• Legin Nabru,

Software is labeled OEM when it(the software, windows in this case) is shipped with your PC from the Original Equipment Manufacturer, or OEM. This software is usually already activated by the time it gets to its destination of use.

Retail is exactly that. You get this at a software store or distributor. Once this software is installed on your PC, it has to be activated within 30 Days by either logging on to the internet, or by phone.

A legit copy of Windows XP can be obtained by any reputable store.

Thanks,

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 7:18 PM

All replies

• Sure I can help you, I hope and pray its good.

I bought perhaps18 of Windows XP, store bought off the shelf, retail.

Store bought is ok, if you never test your parts or just continue using it without reinstalling I thought.

The best is OEM - if that is what comes with the Computer. Some Computer companies separate the Windows XP software from the drivers and other programs, to give you a choice in what software programs you prefer. Brand name can be used only on brand name, (Compaq, HP, Sony, Fujitsu, and...)  get the builder version - you build your own computer version - OEM I think they call it.

Store bought is the worst if you do many repairs and test many parts.

I had what comes with the Computer with many programs I don't use and was Windows XP Home. I went and bought store bought because it was plain and never thought any harm could happen, I tested many parts and now it went Bawal. It wrote used to many times, never happens with the software that came with my Computers.

I have "lots money, I could buy several Computers and several Windows XP disc". Its a waste of money, I should of bought a Apple Computer or something else, Microsoft is abusive.

Watch what happens, I will be Bawal for writing this, Microsoft can not stand the heat, the truth, they think there saints, angels.

Is clowns and pranksters, good enough to explain what I find, you should see the problems that happen to me using Microsoft. They send me email asking me to join Beta programs long after it started and ended, before I could reply. There a monopoly, you can't find anything better, maybe. I could of bought a Apple Computer with the money I wasted on Microsoft.

Saturday, July 1, 2006 11:40 PM
  • Legin Nabru,

Software is labeled OEM when it(the software, windows in this case) is shipped with your PC from the Original Equipment Manufacturer, or OEM. This software is usually already activated by the time it gets to its destination of use.

Retail is exactly that. You get this at a software store or distributor. Once this software is installed on your PC, it has to be activated within 30 Days by either logging on to the internet, or by phone.

A legit copy of Windows XP can be obtained by any reputable store.

Thanks,

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 7:18 PM
  •  

Thanx brother, much appreciated....

Friday, July 7, 2006 3:06 PM
  •  

I think your right brother, perhaps microsoft just digging money for those people who desire to have a legit and genuine software. But  Computer from Apple is so expensive. So what your advise? Can I use the same OS from Mac?

Thank you...

Friday, July 7, 2006 3:29 PM