CRM 2013: Set readonly field value using Business Rule RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to calculate a date field value based on another field, using the Business Rule feature in CRM 2013. The field is locked on the Form so that the user cannot modify. I think because of this setting, the field value is bet set initially however when I click the 'Save' button the value disappears.

I believe this is the same as 'setSubmitMode("always")' issue for read-only fields. I am wondering if there is a way to resolve this issue inside the Business Rule or Form/Field settings ??

Please asist.

Rajesh

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I'm not sure if it works but did you try with the business rule "unlock field"?

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:28 AM
  • Thanks Guido, I tried that. When I 'unlock' the field it gets editable on the form, so it won't solve the problem completely. I want to keep the field read-only and still update a value using business rule.
    Friday, February 7, 2014 4:07 AM
  • Have you tried unlocking the field -> set the value -> lock the field again approach??

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful" Thank you, DT

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:41 AM